Entry-Level Architect / Structural Engineer
Company: American Institute of Architects
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Free resume review offer
Job seekers with a registered AIA Career Center account now have
access to a FREE one-time resume evaluation. Sign in and visit your
profile page to take advantage of this new service. The Project
Representative is an entry level position for the technical staff,
generally with fewer than 4 years of experience. This role's
primary activities are performed under the direction of the
supervisor / project team leader and are focused on the
implementation of project directives, mainly documentation tasks
that contribute to the overall project. The successful candidate is
someone who is organized, motivated, and detail-oriented, and who
is willing to work with the team and take responsibility for
getting the job done. Under the direction and supervision of the
team leader, performs project tasks, including:
- Produce working plans, diagrams, and construction documents, as
- Meet task and project deadlines.
- Communicate and understand task assignments and
- Promote a collaborative team atmosphere.
- Develop detailing skills and material understanding, related to
building envelope projects.
- Develop visual and presentation skills (final reports, CD sets,
- Undertake job-related research, as directed.
- Develop knowledge of Hoffmann Architects projects and
- Gain an understanding of building systems, codes, and
- Observe and document the progress and quality of contractor
work based on guidelines set forth by the--team leader.
- Produce draft / outline site visit reports and meeting minutes.
Other Duties and Expectations
- Actively seek experience and continuing education to fulfill
requirements for licensure.
- Participate in professional/community organizations and
- Attend continuing education programs.
- Demonstrate organizational skills.
- Be self-motivated regarding office projects and the office
environment. Required Education and Experience
- First professional degree from an accredited architectural or
engineering program AND
- Zero to 4 years of architectural or engineering experience
- Equivalent combination of academic and professional experience.
- Architectural graduates should be enrolled in the AXP
(Architectural Experience Program).
- Engineering--graduates should have passed the FE (Fundamentals
in Engineering) exam.
- Knowledge of computer software applications (AutoCAD, Word,
Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Willingness to work on roofs and facades utilizing contractor's
staging or scaffolding. Preferred--Qualifications
- Experience with building envelope, plaza, and/or parking
rehabilitation.-- The Firm Hoffmann Architects is a specialty
architectural and engineering firm driven by details.--We have
built a reputation for excellence by resolving building exterior
distress at major symbols of the country's architectural heritage,
such as the Chrysler Building, the United States Capitol building,
the New York Stock Exchange, and the Smithsonian Institution.--Our
technical staff is known for their attention to seemingly small
details that can make a big difference in the life of a
building.--We aim to be the best in our niche field, and we take
pride in our work. The Culture We generally keep regular business
hours and are home in time to have dinner with family, catch the
game, or meet up with friends.--With the Firm approaching 50 people
spread out in three offices (CT, NY, and VA), we strive to maintain
a tight community. On Friday afternoons, we break early and get
together in the office for Happy Hour.--We also share company-wide
events from bowling night to a family summer picnic, that allow us
to get together and catch up in a casual setting.--Getting to know
our coworkers,--whether in another state or at the next desk allows
us to be a better working team. Being part of a team that does
something few other firms do and even fewer do well is remarkably
fulfilling. Our work is second to none because our people believe
we're the best at what we do. Commitment to Equal Employment
Opportunity Hoffmann Architects is committed to a culture of
diversity and equal employment opportunity.--We strictly prohibit
discrimination against employees or applicants on the basis of age,
ancestry or national origin, mental or physical disability or
history of disability, AIDS/HIV status, gender, marital or familial
status, pregnancy or childbirth, race or color, religion or creed,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic
information, military status, political activities, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law.-- NOTES:
Additional Salary Information: Hoffmann Architects offers
competitive pay and a generous benefits package, including medical
and dental coverage; company-paid disability and life insurance; a
401(k) plan with company match; and a profit sharing plan.
Internal Number: hoff-20210120 About Hoffmann Architects, Inc.
Since 1977, Hoffmann Architects has specialized in the
investigative assessment, rehabilitation, and historic restoration
of building exteriors for America's largest corporations,
universities, and government agencies. We offer highly competitive
salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. With offices in
Connecticut, New York, and Washington DC, Hoffmann Architects has a
location that is right for you.
Keywords: American Institute of Architects, Hamden , Entry-Level Architect / Structural Engineer, Engineering , Hamden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!