Chief Information Officer
Company: Cleveland Clinic Lerner College Of Medicine
Posted on: April 9, 2021
American Nursing Informatics Association (ANIA) Role
Quinnipiac University is seeking an experienced Chief Information
Officer to lead the university in a broad array of technology
management initiatives, including oversight of multi-faceted,
multi-operational infrastructures and systems. The successful Chief
Information Officer will be a visionary who is well-versed in a
variety of information technology disciplines, is a big picture
thinker, and can provide guidance to the organization regarding all
IT systems to support and align with the university's goals and
strategic objectives. Quinnipiac University is seeking a CIO that
is a thought leader with a holistic approach to strategy
development who values innovation and effectively communicates
strategic direction. The CIO will promote and enable IT services
that support innovation and exploration and balance nimble and
agile operations with highly reliable, available, and secure
capabilities. The CIO will provide the leadership to optimize data
and information to support academic and university strategic
priorities. This leader will work with colleagues to operate and
improve IT governance, decision-making and advisory mechanisms to
ensure information technology is a strategic asset. The CIO will be
a leader of innovation while simultaneously fostering a culture of
effective and efficient management, operations, and use of IT
resources. This leader will also need to develop clear criteria for
determining information technologies and technology services that
can be shared across the University to achieve enhanced service,
security, efficiency, communications, and innovation. Respect and
advocacy for diversity in all its forms including diversity of
thought and perspective are must have attributes.
Challenges and Initiatives
- Proactively support faculty and student learning colleagues
with new pedagogy while continuously moving toward adopting digital
learning solutions in support of Quinnipiac University's goal of
reaching its university of the future plan.
- Develop the short and long-term IT strategies and roadmaps in
support of the University's 10-year plan. The CIO should develop a
10-year master IT plan just as the university has 10-year capital
and construction plans.
- Help the IT Organization build and maintain strong strategic
relationships and partnerships with faculty, staff, and
- Work with the Chief Information Security Officer and IT
security staff to improve cyber security capabilities as well as
promote more training and awareness of security best practices
across the University community.
- Proactively present and educate university leaders and faculty
about new technology platforms and IT best practices that will help
Quinnipiac University accomplish its University of the Future
vision. About Quinnipiac:
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution
located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from
Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and
3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100-degree programs
through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education,
Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of
Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top
regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's
America's Best Colleges issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in
Princeton Review's The Best 380 Colleges. Quinnipiac has been named
a Great College to Work For as determined by a comprehensive
industry survey. For more information, please visit-- www.qu.edu .
An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to
preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship,
creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing, and
positively impacting internal, local, and global communities and
fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes
in educating a diverse student body to become valued and
contributing members of their communities through vital and
purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world
issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The
University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate
and graduate students to understand their roles and
responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as
the larger national and global communities. Requirements Specific
- Direct strategy, maintain, and execute modernization efforts to
IT infrastructure and IT operation.
- Ensure IT policies, governance, and systems support for the
university's strategic initiatives.
- Consult with stakeholders across the university to identify
business requirements and technology needs.
- Build and deliver efficiencies in how the university provides
training and support to users.
- Lead and implement initiatives to continuously identify new
operational processes to improve upon workflows and standards.
- Maintain annual operating and capital IT budgets that will
result in the best return on investments within a context of
responsible resource stewardship and return on investment.
- Develop, champion, and implement IT vision, strategy and
supporting roadmaps aligned with the University's strategic
- Develop the IT strategy and vision that outlines the proper mix
of cloud, outsourced operations, and on-premise technology within a
structure that ensures secure functionality, high-availability,
efficiency, and the appropriate flexibility for the institution to
operate effectively in a digital world.
- Drive continuous effort to improve operations, streamline
processes, and work cooperatively.
- Establish and implement systems, policies, and procedures to
ensure compliance, gain operational efficiency, increase
productivity, and provide a quality user experience.
- Collaborate with the university community to support the
utilization of data and to optimize predictive analytic tools,
learning analytics, business and intelligence analytics solutions,
and student intelligence and analytic tools.
- Implement a metrics framework to hold the IT organization
accountable for strategic IT initiatives.
- Develop strong service orientation throughout the information
technology organization and earn the reputation of a highly capable
service group that is considered trustworthy, innovative, and
collaborative organization that promotes excellence in teaching,
learning, and business operations.
- Provide the guidance and counsel to the University leadership
team, working closely with senior administration, academic leaders,
and the campus community to define objectives for information
- Promote collaborative, empowered, and working environments
across the three campuses and remove barriers to realize
possibilities. Implement the appropriate information technology
planning processes to establish an inclusive and comprehensive
information technology program.
- Lead the development and implementation of effective policies
and practices for the effective use of technology across the
University and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and
- Foster a culture within IT and across the campuses that
welcomes and supports innovation and agility. Education
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing and supporting
information technology operations including ERM, ERP, digital
transformation, and other enterprise business applications.
- At least 7 years of this experience should be as a CIO or in a
senior IT management position with a demonstrated track record of
leadership and technological innovation.
- An expansive, broad understanding of the landscape of platforms
and software packages, including Google, Microsoft, various
hardware, software, security, network & systems administration, and
other cloud-based business applications.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability
to conduct thorough SWOT analyses and explain technology concepts
to various stakeholders.
- Experience with budget management
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across an
organization, as well as promoting a strong collaborative
environment within a team.
- Strong customer service focus - understanding that the student
and educational experience drives the university's goals,
initiatives, and operations.
- A continuous learner
- A leadership style that understands providing the utmost value
to customers (students, faculty, staff) while improving workflow
efficiency, creating an agile workforce able to pivot and adapt to
new models of operating, facilitating more sustainable solutions,
and boosting value proposition.
- Strong strategic thinker -ability to review current processes
and recommend innovative options for improvement.
- Committed to "working in the trenches" on routine or
operational tasks when necessary to achieve department goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a
commitment to diversity and inclusion Special Instructions to
Interested applicants should submit their resume directly to:--
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and
practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University
community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and
staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is
inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Job
- Job ID: 56411599
- Position Title: Chief Information Officer
- Company Name: Quinnipiac University
- Job Function: IT/Software Development
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Min Experience: 10+ to 15 Years
- Required Travel: 0-10% View your connections at Quinnipiac
University LinkedIn Jobs You May Like QU Assistant Director of Law
Admissions/Coordinator... Quinnipiac University QU Director for
Business Operations (One Stop) Quinnipiac University QU Dean of
Admissions Quinnipiac University QU East Holly Avenue, Box 56
Pitman, NJ 08071
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic Lerner College Of Medicine, Hamden , Chief Information Officer, Executive , Hamden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!