Assistant Branch Manager
Company: Connex Credit Union Inc
Posted on: November 17, 2021
The primary function of this position is to assist the Credit
Union in achieving its Mission of improving the lives of our
members, one member at a time. An Assistant Branch Manager must
provide outstanding service to all members and identify and find
solutions for their financial needs in order to better their
financial lives. The person in this role is responsible for branch
growth and profitability through the expansion and organic growth
of retail and commercial members and member relationships, through
business development within the branch community. The Assistant
Branch Manager has two direct reports, the New Account
Representative and the Service Coordinator. In addition the
position requires general coaching of branch personnel on advocacy,
sales, and service techniques. This role requires filling in for
the Branch Manager during any absence. Connex has a right to
transfer you to other locations to perform the same or other
duties, if Connex believes such a transfer is in its best interest.
This transfer may be temporary or permanent and you will be
notified in advance if that is to occur, except for temporary,
emergent transfers to cover due to shortage or other problem.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:Advocacy:
- Leadership and Coaching personnel:
- Coaches' sales and service skills to all branch team members on
a regular basis. Works with other branch leaders to ensure sales &
service coaching occurs consistently;
- Develops sales & service leadership skills in Service
Coordinators, Member Service Representatives, and New Account
- Assists Branch Manager in quality hiring for all branch
- Provides regular additional training and coaching for New
- Assists Branch Manager in development of goal attainment
strategy, analyzing results, making adjustments when goals are not
met and celebrating when they are.
- Comfortable performing overrides, making exceptions, and
decisions the acceptance of checks when necessary.
- Coordinates, and monitors workflow and productivity to ensure
high levels of accuracy, quality and quantity are maintained.
- Drives branch reporting by working with the Branch Manager to
compile individual branch results and combining results to measure
the branch's productivity.
- Works with Branch Manager to meet/exceed individual and branch
goals on a monthly, quarterly, & annual basis
- Mentors New Account Representatives on the advocacy process and
identifying opportunities for every member.
- Oversees the daily operation of the Branch, according to
written Branch operations standards, including adherence to
- Makes recommendations to the Branch Manager for changes and
improvements in procedures concerning the branch in relation to
- Assists with monthly audits in Branch Managers absence.
- Resolves member problems/responds to inquiries beyond the
authority of other Branch personnel.
- Ensures that the branches maintain and utilize all Marketing
provided; makes sure all Marketing displayed is current and
- Assists in maintaining adequate Member Service Staff through:
- Training support
- Filling vacancies promptly with qualified applicants
- Maintains knowledge of competitors' rates and terms and other
trends related to the credit union industry and drives that
knowledge with the branch team.
- Makes appropriate recommendations to reward and recognize team
performance utilizing MVA nominations, spot awards, and "you're
- Builds and maintains relationships with SEG groups and local
businesses within the branch community to grow the business.
- Participates in the community to help grow awareness and brand
recognition of the credit union.
- Procure and maintain active status of NMLS license;
- Interviews loan applicants, analyzes credit and financial
- Accurately completes required loan forms and related documents
necessary in the lending process;
- Assures quality control of loan check disbursements
- Pre-qualifies prospective mortgage and home equity candidates
and co-ordinates 1st mortgage interviews with mortgage
Performance Measurements (if applicable):
Qualifications and Requirements:
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1 year retail sales management or branch experience and
heavy retail and commercial customer contact environment;
- 1 years interviewing experience in consumer loans and related
- 2 years of direct supervisory experience
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations governing
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to analyze member problems and find beneficial
solutions in a timely manner
- Continued education through selected training courses
- Provides coverage for other branches when needed
- Windows, Microsoft Word & Excel skills
- 40 + hours per week, Saturdays
Keywords: Connex Credit Union Inc, Hamden , Assistant Branch Manager, Executive , Hamden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!