Assistant General Manager
Company: Eli's Restaurant Group Support Center
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Join the Eli's Restaurant Group family! Our restaurants are
recognized for great food and service and as great places to work.
We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the
drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch
benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities
Eli's Managers are the pulse of the restaurant. Managers are
responsible for ensuring the each and every guest has the ideal
Eli's experience. Eli's Managers are expected to run the floor
making sure that service is knowledgeable, approachable, efficient,
energetic, and thoughtful while upholding company standards and
values in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Manages all areas of operations for a specific department
including marketing and human resources, while ensuring the
Company's standards of quality, service, and operations are
- Frequently interacts with guests to ensure they receive the
Eli's Service Style experience; follow up on any issues and
complaints they may have.
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date manpower plan of
Department staffing needs.
- Prepares schedules and ensures that their department is staffed
for all shifts.
- Staff, train and develop their department's hourly team members
through ongoing feedback and coaching
- Directly supervise team members, correcting behaviors as needed
and providing recognition to continuously improve performance.
- Ensure great food is served to every guest through managing all
- Manages inventory efficiently, accurately, and in a
- Run the floor during service to meet service standards and
ensure 100% guest satisfaction.
- Maintain and manage all general checklists for each area of
- Enforce all handbook policies and standards set forth by
- Adhere to marketing objectives by executing marketing
- Maintaining a safe, secure and healthy environment by
establishing, following and enforcing sanitation standards and
procedures; complying with legal regulations and securing
- Driving sales, steps of service, and guest satisfaction
- Enforcing applicable liquor laws and Responsible Alcohol
- Reviewing applications, interviewing, and hiring or
recommending the hiring of Front of House employees.
- Creating a fun, safe environment by following our core values
and operational goals, and implementing contests, theme nights, and
creating incentives for the staff
- A minimum 2 years prior restaurant management experience.
- Must possess excellent and proven people management skills,
including resolving conflict, coaching and developing others,
promoting teamwork, and performance management.
- Certification in Servsafe and Food Safety Handler Certification
(or within 30 days of hiring).
- Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certification
required (or within 30 days of hiring).
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs (especially
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
- Strong catering/to-go and events background.
- Experience with bar service and knowledge of state and local
- Understanding of and demonstrated ability to manage labor,
inventory and waste.
- Great verbal & written communication skills and strong
interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Business math and accounting skills, and strong analytical &
- Maintain a high degree of pace and intensity for an extended
period of time while performing with quality and accuracy.
- Listen to and comprehend communication from other managers,
team members and guests over background restaurant and equipment
- Adhere to schedule that includes an average of 55+ hours per
week and rotating shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
Flexibility to cover shifts as needed even when not previously
- Adhere to company uniform and appearance policy.
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing,
speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds,
occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8
hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours.
These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Eli's
reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at
the discretion of Eli's or its managers. This job description is
intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It
is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Keywords: Eli's Restaurant Group Support Center, Hamden , Assistant General Manager, Executive , Hamden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!