Registered Nurse (RN) - Adult Behavioral Health
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Description Job Schedule: Full Time Standard Hours: 40 Job
Shift: Shift 2 Shift Details: 40 hours per week evening shift RN,
3:00pm-11:30pm. Required to work every other weekend
where every moment matters.
day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with
one thing in
common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. -
you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive
St. Vincent's Medical Center in
Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed
teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in
Westport, a large
multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for
children. St. Vincent's is the first hospital in Fairfield County
integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the
- Provides direct patient care to behavioral health patients in
accordance with the established policies and procedures of the
- Performs initial and on-going bio-psychosocial assessments
according to accepted standards of nursing practice. Develops a
nursing plan of care consistent with the master treatment
- Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in
planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions
appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each
- Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and
conducts and/or co- leads group therapy sessions for
- Evaluates patient's response to interventions and revises
nursing plan of care as needed. Collaborates with the treatment
team to revise goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to
the changes in patient status.
- Performs appropriate assessments of patients per hospital
policy and identifies physical, psychosocial, cultural spiritual
and age-related needs in order to provide individualized care of
- Develops and documents a comprehensive plan of nursing care in
collaboration with the patient and family to meet the physical,
psychosocial,spiritual, cultural and age-related needs of patients
in order to facilitate the delivery of care.
- Provides direct patient care according to physician's order and
appropriate protocols as evidenced by documentation in patient's
medical record and direct supervisor or peer observation.
- Evaluates and recognizes changes in patients' physical and
psychosocial status and revises the plan of care as
- Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel,
consistent with their level of education and expertise in order to
meet patients' needs and to maximize staff performance.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to behavioral health patients and to interact with the
interdisciplinary team in order to achieve the desired outcomes for
- Other Duties as assigned
- Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015),
ANA Code of Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut
Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job
- One or more of the following:
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date
or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross
obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer
- Associate Degree required, Bachelor Degree preferred and
Experience in an -acute care psychiatric setting is preferred.
Evidence of leadership ability. Must be able to both individually
and as a team member successfully manage out of control patients
using the methods outlined in the MOAB training.
take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford
HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development
growth. - Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge
helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and
education to countless men, women and children. - We know that a
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
program designed to ensure work/life balance. - Every moment
And this is your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Hamden , Registered Nurse (RN) - Adult Behavioral Health, Healthcare , Hamden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!