Medical Assistant - Primary Care Hamden
Company: PACT MSO, LLC
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Pay Range: $17.00 to $25.00 an hour.By adhering to Connecticut
State Law, pay ranges are posted. The pay rate will vary based on
various factors including but not limited to experience, skills,
knowledge of position and comparison to others who are already in
this role within the company.
COVID-19 Considerations: All of our employees, visitors, patients,
vendors, etc. are masked throughout the day. All employees are to
have received COVID-19 vaccine including booster, if applicable,
and flu vaccine.
PACT MSO is a Management Service Organization that supports
numerous physician groups. We offer health benefits, paid time off,
and a friendly working environment. We are a medium sized company
with a family atmosphere.PACT MSO has a busy Internal Medicine
Group in Hamden that is seeking a Medical Assistant. The hours are
Monday through Friday 7:45am to 5:00pm with rotating Saturday
mornings. The position is located in Hamden.The Medical Assistant
duties can be both clinical and administrative in nature and
include assisting physician with patient care, as well as handling
clerical, environmental and organizational tasks.Essential
- Escort patients to room and complete patient intake per EHR
workflow. This may include but not limited to collecting and
charting patient histories, performing necessary screenings,
checking patient vital signs, reconciling medications.
- Performs and assist any procedures requested by the
- Review schedules and organize patient flow, prepare pre-visit
preparations for patients.
- Recalls on patient visits
- Proper maintenance of medical waste and laundering of patient
- Resuscitation equipment maintenance
- Document any telephone communication involving a patient in
- Triage patient calls; Physician calls triage and physician to
- Coordinating physician schedule by making
- Responsible for schedule utilization, cancelation and wait list
- Schedules tests, procedures, and lab appointments.
- Obtains authorization if test or procedure is within 24-48
hours of scheduled time.
- Call patients with results, enters follow up/recalls in
- Provides patient education for test and procedure preparations,
directions to the facility, and contact information.
- Performs other assignments/projects from time to time as
authorized by management.
- Proper maintenance of inventory levels in exam rooms, through
ordering, receipt and restocking of supplies
- Report visits from VNA to physicians and intake orders from
physicians to VNA
- Pre and post op discussions with patients
- Communicates with patient when Office Visit is required before
refills can be completed.
- Fill out all FMLA and Short-term Disability forms
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent computer skills with use of an electronic medical
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Excellent quality of work including attention to detail.
- Excellent judgment and organizational skills with the ability
to multi-task.Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Completion of a medical assisting program
- Certification as a Medical Assistant required.
- 0 to 5 years of experience in a medical setting required
Keywords: PACT MSO, LLC, Hamden , Medical Assistant - Primary Care Hamden, Healthcare , Hamden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!