Chef / Cook Part time including weekends
Company: Benchmark Senior Living
Posted on: June 21, 2022
The Cook prepares food in accordance with current applicable
federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations
with established Benchmark policies and procedures. The Food
Services Director will direct these duties to ensure that quality
food service is provided at all times. PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND
- Reviews menus prior to preparation of food
- Performs administrative duties such as completing forms,
- Assures all dietary procedures are followed
- Must be able to operate all kitchen equipment safely and
effectively. Equipment may include: meat slicer, food processor,
mixers, ovens, grills, steamers, dishwasher, dumb waiter, warmer
- Organizes walk-in freezer, storeroom, kitchen tables, and
- Assists in establishing food production line to assure meals
are prepared on time
- Represents the community with a positive attitude and pride
when interacting with potential residents and families
- Prepares and serves nutritious meal and ensures high quality
presentation and flavorful meals for our residents.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Culinary Arts training a plus
- 2 years dietary experience SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to interact effectively with residents and
- Must be able to work effectively with residents and
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must have knowledge of dietary procedures, was well as related
laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to food service
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work
harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional
personnel. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Lift up to 50lbs
- This is primarily a standing position where an employee may be
required to stand in one place for extended periods of time. They
also will be exposed to extreme heat and cold temperatures.
BENEFITS We believe in offering our employees competitive pay. To
learn more about our pay and benefits, please apply today!
Keywords: Benchmark Senior Living, Hamden , Chef / Cook Part time including weekends, Hospitality & Tourism , Hamden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!