ShopRite - Food Service Clerk
Company: ShopRite Markets
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience by providing attentive,
friendly and knowledgeable service, answering customer questions
and making recommendations through suggestive selling; assist the
Food Service Manager in the daily operation in the Food Service
department; to maintain a neat, clean and visually appealing
department with a focus on the preparation and safe handling of
products sold throughout the department; to perform other tasks as
required in an efficient and safe manner, within Company
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include,
but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products,
spices and powdered substances without negative allergic
- Ability to tolerate dust and chemical agents during routine
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to operate all equipment customarily used by the Food
Service Department and other equipment as may be required.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require
the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above.
These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized, and safe work
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in
accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt and courteous
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to
- Maintain acceptable shelf, case and display conditions by
stocking, cleaning, straightening and rotating product.
- Prepare product, including salads, sandwiches, chicken, pizza,
and pasta, entrees, catering orders, etc. according to recipe and
established Company standards.
- Check to ensure that proper temperatures are maintained in the
display cases, steam tables, during heating and cooling of product
and in all storage areas.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving and storing product to
ensure quality protection and product rotation.
- Handle damaged and unsaleable product according to Company
- Maintain signage on all items to alert customers to product
choices and ingredients.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department;
report any equipment problems immediately.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations as they pertain to the Food Service operation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Operate equipment as required by department, including slicer,
scale, can opener, wrapping machine, rotisserie, fryolator, cheese
grater/cutter, case cutter, and stove/oven.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating,
preparing, storing, and price marking, arranging, and restocking
products to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform,
name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and
use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate equipment and merchandise
that weights 25 lbs. and occasionally weights up to 60 lbs.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Food Service
Department that weights 25 lbs. and that occasionally weights 60
- Stand in Food Service Department for duration of scheduled
shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates
to Food Service operations.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program
and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and
proper use of all chemical products.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the
essential job functions and general nature of the work being
performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may
be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise
this job description at any time and to require Associates to
perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business,
competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This
job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Hamden , ShopRite - Food Service Clerk, Other , Hamden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!