Summary & Reports to:
The Edge Fitness Clubs front desk is the hub where all of the
days business starts and ends and is the place Fitness Consultants
are stationed. Its the area members approach when they need help or
want to make a purchase. It is the point all members visit upon
entry to the gym. It is also the initial impression when a
potential member visits for the first time. When working behind the
desk for the Edge Fitness Clubs you are expected to smile, greet
all members by name, have fun, move fast and service all Edge
members with a sense of urgency. The Fitness Consultant position is
crucial to running any of our facilities. In this position, you
will gain great insight into why our clubs are successful and
follow The Edges mission statement.
Duties & Responsibilities/Essential
- Brings The Edge culture to life by ensuring each guest receives
outstanding service by providing a guest friendly environment by
greeting and acknowledging every guest, saying hello and goodbye,
while maintaining outstanding standards.
- Proactively manages and resolves all member concerns and
complaints that are brought forward. Maintains detailed
communication related to the issues and complaints in Datatrak.
Escalates any serious concerns and complaints to the GM.
- Provides exceptional customer service to retail operations
(shake bar & pro-shop and juice bar items).
- Answers the telephone before the second ring with a smile,
answering member questions or transitioning a prospects telephone
inquiry over to a Sales Lead.
- Effectively schedules, cancels or reschedules personal training
appointments for our members promptly.
- Understands the clubs daily revenue goals and helps drive the
business, not babysit the business
- Strives to continuously improve the member experience, revenues
and retention rates
- Maintains solid product knowledge and awareness of all product
information, merchandise and services to find ways to upsell
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and
maintains proper cash accountabilities at POS registers
- Understands the opportunities of the business: every phone
call, prospects walking through the door, in and out of the
- Set and attain all personal and professional monthly generating
- Making the phone call to successfully book company set amount
of appointments per day, leading to at least company amount set of
showed appointments per day:
- Responding quickly to web lead inquiries
- Turning incoming phone calls to appointments in clubs
- Calling member referrals that are generated from each new
- Following up with missed guests
- Mastering the tour to close a high percentageof new members,
while alsoensuring the same high percentageof new members arebooked
into the initial fitness assessment and also to obtain referrals
all at point of sale
- Performs daily outreach to generate off-site leads,
appointments, and memberships within the community
- Builds excitement and value with the potential new member to
ensure their first impression of the club is a good one, therefore
guaranteeing they will join
- Creates enough value on the tour, therefore ensuring the new
member will enroll in their initial fitness appointment
- Become skilled at creating rapport and building relationships
with potential new members, guaranteeing they will provide you with
- Mastering the price presentation ensuring that many of new
members will see the value and join for 24 months over the minimum
of 12 months
- Become proficient at educating the new member of the benefit of
signing up with EFT as opposed to credit cards
- Mastering the telephone inquiry script incoming and outgoing
and transfers enthusiasm on the phone calls to drive the prospect
to our club
Follow Up & Organization:
- Promptly respond to prospect and member inquiries
professionally and enthusiastically
- Organize prospects & all new members in our CRM system ensuring
proper and timely follow up via phone, text or email
- Ensure that you are making the correct amount of phone calls
that will lead to the correct amount ofappointments per day
- Touching base with current members to check in, ask for more
referrals and ensuring they took advantage of the initial fitness
- Assists in replenishing merchandise at the shake bar, retail
area and in the coolers.
- Conducts locker room and floor checks regularly throughout
- Assists the Manager in loss prevention by adhering to all
company policies and club standards.
- Contributes to creating a culture and environment consistent
with company values and standards for employees and members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Thrives in a customer focused environment
- Excellent Team-Work
Education & Experience:
- A University degree is preferred
- A strong focus on the customer/client
- Related industry experience preferred (i.e. retail,
hospitality, leisure, fitness, etc.).
- Great communication skills
- Ethical Conduct
- Enthusiasm is a must, we will teach the skills needed to
- Previous sales experience a plus
- Must be able to work well with others
Integrity & Trust: Demonstrates consistently sound
personal and business ethics and behaviors. Builds trust with
others through openness and candor. Communicates intentions, ideas,
and feelings openly and directly.
Customer Service Orientation: Listens and responds
effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to
the customers satisfaction; respects all internal and external
customers; uses a team approach when dealing with customers;
follows up to evaluate customer satisfaction; measures customer
satisfaction effectively; commits to exceeding customer
Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately,
concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts
communication methods based on situation.
Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate in
depth knowledge and skill in a technical area (Datatrak) and
effectively applies those skills to solve a range of problems.
Product Knowledge Expertise: The ability to demonstrate
in depth knowledge of how our products and services work, know the
ins and outs of the products and services just like a customer who
uses it every day would.
Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the
desired result on ones own unit of work, setting challenging goals,
focusing effort on the goals and meeting and exceeding them.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. This role will require walking
and standing during entire shift, or remain stationary for long
periods of time. This would require the ability to lift weights,
5lbs up to 200 lbs and bend or stand as necessary. This position
will also require frequent washing of hands.
This job operates in a health club environment. This position
routinely deals with club employees, members and vendors. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and
phones. This is a high paced environment.
There is very little travel in this position. The employee may
be asked to travel local infrequently to other clubs or to
corporate for meetings.
Position type & expected hours of work:
This is a part time or full time position with varied hours
based on the needs of the business.
Benefits: (For a Full-Time Employee)
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance ($25k), MetLife
- Long Term Disability (LTD), MetLife
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), MetLife
- Complimentary membership for you and one other (full time
- Employee Discounts and more!
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Edge Fitness, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies
with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment
The above statements are intended to describe the general
activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Please note these statements are not an
exhaustive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities.
Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.