In addition to the job description for Direct Support Counselor,
the following responsibilities apply to the position of Assistant
1. Assist in overseeing that Direct Support Counselors' job
responsibilities are being carried out effectively and be able to
intervene as necessary.
2. Coordinate Kardexes on a daily basis to ensure complete and
correct documentation. Work with Supervisor and follow-up with
direct care staff that have not documented correctly, or have made
a medication error, additionally follow up with Nursing Staff.
3. Responsible for medications and supplies for residents (such
as depends, gloves, med cups etc), ensure adequate supply and
reorder as needed. Med closet should be audited weekly to ensure
4. Administer the scheduling of medical appointments and taking
residents on those appointments.
5. Responsible for rotating On-call with Residential Supervisor
(2 weeks a month rotation). Submit on-call notes to Residential
6. Partner with Residential Supervisor to prepare & facilitate
the IP process for a resident. Assignment will be determined based
on the needs of the group home.
7. Assist in attending various meetings as requested by your
8. Check daily required documentation as assigned by Residential
Supervisor. Mileage logs, nursing notes; and minimally complex
client program data.
9. Provide Direct Care to clients as needed and or requested by
the Residential Supervisor. Condo's Assistant Manager is required
to provide Direct Care to clients who reside there from 3p-5p -
Monday - Friday.
10. Assist with staffing patterns, monthly schedules, and house
maintenance and with licensing regulations on an as needed basis.
If a house maintenance issue evolves that becomes a health and
safety risk to the clients you must get the issue addressed
11. Meet with the nurse on a weekly basis.
12. Responsible for taking on acting Residential Supervisor role
to cover a leave, vacation or unexpected absence.
13. Specified activities will be assigned based on the needs of
the home and the discretion of the Residential Supervisor. For
example: house orientations, van & house maintenance.
It is the responsibility of each employee to:
Ensure his/her own safety as well as the safety of those around
them. This is accomplished by following procedures established by
the employer, wearing protective equipment provided by the
employer, reporting any hazards that may cause unsafe working
conditions, attending orientation and continuing education
It is the responsibility of the supervisor to:
1. Ensure all employees are oriented and provide continuing
2. Participate in hazard identification programs.
3. Maintain, review, and investigate all accident/incident
4. Report significant findings and provide recommendations to
administrative staff and other involved departments.