Company: Little Sprouts
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At Building Blocks Hamden, we are a family of diverse and
passionate early educators who take pride in working together to
create an environment of play, growth, and love for our community's
children. We embrace positive energy to make extraordinary
differences in the lives of children and families each day.
Child care is a calling, and we are honored to answer that
We're currently looking for a full time TODDLER TEACHER to join
our HAMDEN center. We work four 10 hour days, so you'll always have
one day off each week!
TODDLER TEACHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspire, guide, and support children age 12-24 months.
- Assist with implementing daily lesson plans consistent with The
Creative Curriculum Goals and Objectives for Infants, Toddlers, and
Twos, and The State of Connecticut Preschool Assessment
- Promote empathy in children through warm hugs, smiles,
nurturing language, and positive guidance
- Care for growing bodies by ensuring that children experience
regular feedings, diaper changes, potty breaks, and naps throughout
the day to provide the ultimate care and comfort
- Read frequently to children to help them explore new concepts
- Design and implement sensory activities to examine various
dimensions of sight, touch, smell, and sound.
- Create meaningful connections with children to enhance the
foundation for social-emotional skills.
- Teacher must adhere to Connecticut's Public Health and Child
- Must be able to stand on your feet for up to 90% of the day,
capable of lifting up to 30 pounds, able to sit on the floor and
crouch down, and perform all activities with the children including
running, jumping, etc.
- Must complete mandatory state safety trainings and maintain the
required annual training hours as noted in our Employee Handbook
and are required by the State of Connecticut
- At least 12+ credits in early childhood education courses
- Minimum of one year of experience working with children 0 to 5
years of age in a group setting
- Actively exhibit a passion for early education and an
enthusiasm for learning
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational and multi-tasking
- Deliver required paperwork and lesson plans on time and to
- Display excellent written and verbal communication skills
Building Blocks Early Learning Center provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics.
Keywords: Little Sprouts, Hamden , Toddler Teacher, Other , hamden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!