Customer Service Advisor
Company: Auto Plus Pep Boys
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its
parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and
operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and
service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium
automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of
Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys automotive aftermarket
retail and service chain, Auto Plus automotive aftermarket parts
distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care owned and franchised
automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised
service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over
22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations
and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto
Contribute to the growth of the organization across all lines of
business through customer engagement, expert product and service
knowledge, follow-up, and follow through at the service desk, on
the sales floor, and at the register.
Duties & Responsibilities
- First point of contact for customers on the phone and in the
store. Responsible for engaging customers, scheduling appointments,
building trust, understanding needs, communicating processes and
timelines, and selling parts and service that make the customer's
car run at peak efficiency; adheres to Company Customer Care
standards to meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for the organization and productivity of the
service business through work order and register transactions,
thorough vehicle inspections, and service and replacement part
- Under the direction of Management, assists in various aspects
of customer care, work order and register assistance, facility
maintenance, and Outside Purchase (OP) ordering.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to cash, credit,
check, refund and return policies. Works with the management team
to react to customer service issues, customer complaints, and/or
- Conduct and participate in routine express automotive services,
including tire mounting, balancing, rotations, and repair; oil
changes, fluid top-offs, lubrications, filter and bulb replacement;
battery installation, starting and charging system testing;
cosmetic car services, and thorough vehicle inspection.
- Primary driving force behind the implementation and constant
execution of safety procedures, ensuring wheel torque and oil/fluid
services are performed per standard operating procedure
- Partner with Management to produce a safe and health work
environment that complies with all local, state, and federal laws,
as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicate with all associates, management, and
customers; interprets and retains information and applies knowledge
- In designated locations, may be a secondary key carrier
responsible for basic and detailed opening and closing
- Maintain an organized and neat shop.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety and
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Driver's License.
- One year of related experience in the automotive service
- One year of sales experience preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical
concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division,
percentages, and fractions. Ability to apply mathematical formulas
to calculate commissions and discounts.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work Days, Nights, Weekends, Holidays.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The characteristics described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies
up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including
squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Climb up and down ladders to retrieve and stock
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small and large groups.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Auto Plus Pep Boys, Hamden , Customer Service Advisor, Other , Hamden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!