Scheduler (FT) - Northeast Alliance Surgery Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: June 6, 2021
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Responsible for scheduling all outpatient surgeries and
procedures as requested by the physician or the physician's office
- Responsible for obtaining and adding patient demographics and
insurance information into the billing system.
- Responsible for contacting payers to verify patient benefits
and obtain necessary authorization.
- Coordinates efforts with the Director of Nursing to ensure
availability of needed equipment, requested staff, and/or ancillary
- Prepares and distributes the daily surgery schedule to the
Nursing Managers, RNs, Pre-Op and PACU Nurse and Technicians,
Business Office Manager.
- Responsible for capturing complete and accurate clinical,
demographic and insurance information on patients scheduled at the
- Responsible for communicating to the Director of Nursing, and
other appropriate employees, for same day and next day add-on
- Responsible for communicating any potential scheduling
conflicts to the Director of Nursing.
- Promptly communicates any patient problems to the Business
Office Manager and/or Director of Nursing.
- Maintains positive communications with the medical staff
members and their office personnel.
- Responsible for tracking cancellations.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining and releasing block
- Responsible for preparing daily bank deposits for monies
received at the surgery center.
- Cross-training to cover the front desk for lunches, breaks, and
extended absences of the Receptionist/Admitting Clerk. The
Scheduler shall also be cross trained in medical records, chart
preparation, collections, and patient account advocacy duties.
- Perform other clerical duties as directed by the Business
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year scheduling experience in an ambulatory
surgery facility, acute-care hospital, or doctor's office
- Ability to meet deadlines
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Hamden , Scheduler (FT) - Northeast Alliance Surgery Center, Other , Hamden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!