2 positions open for Adult Education English as a Second Language Teacher - 1 Evenings and 1 Mornings
Company: Hamden Public Schools
Posted on: June 7, 2021
EVENING and MORNING - 2 Positions
1 for evening and 1 for morning
- Bachelors' degree in education or related field
- Current appropriate Adult Education certification or attainable
with the first year of employment, cert # 088 or 111
- Current or future completion of State of CT CCRS ELA training.
(College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education, 101 &
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a variety of settings with a culturally
- Experience teaching in an adult education program is
- Able to address the needs of the program as they arise
- Must be prepared for a hybrid program on-site and/or distance
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may
find appropriate and acceptable
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide English instruction and support students in an ESL
- Create lesson plans that are aligned with the College and
Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education
- Participate in Adult Education Educator Evaluation
Tuesday & Thursday - 6:30 p.m. - 9:00p.m. during school year
Monday and Wednesday 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Instructional and planning time paid for each class taught
This is a part time non-union school year position located at
the Adult Education Learning Lab in the Keefe Community Center.
Start Date: September 2021
Position will be open until filled
Qualified applicants must apply online at
Keywords: Hamden Public Schools, Hamden , 2 positions open for Adult Education English as a Second Language Teacher - 1 Evenings and 1 Mornings, Other , Hamden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!