Part Time Creator's Studio Coordinator
Company: Jo-Ann Fabrics
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Creator's Studio Coordinator's responsibility first and
foremost is to deliver a premium customer experience by inspiring
creativity within our customers and making JOANN their happy place!
All Team Members drive sales through advanced product knowledge,
innovative merchandising, and cutting counter accuracy. The
Creator's Studio Coordinator serves as the face of JOANN to work
with our customers to provide exceptional customer service, create
interest, drive inspiration, and increase sales through event and
classroom participation. This role is responsible for executing
learning events that include filling classrooms with students,
securing the best instructors, scheduling classes/events, and
providing an inspiring environment for all participants. Networking
skills and great multi-tasking abilities are the keys to success in
this unique role. This position will also embody characteristics
and perform the duties of Hearts, Hands, Minds and Inspire.
- Greets every JOANN customer and uses the F.A.S.T. service model
to meet the customer's needs
- Asks open-ended questions to learn about customers' project
needs and escorts them to the desired product's location
- Engages in friendly conversation with customers about their
projects while serving them at the cutting counter, cash register,
and sales floor"
- Observes instructors to ensure they follow our standards and
expectations for customers experiences while learning in-store
- Actively engage customers, offer advice and product knowledge
and works to fill classroom seats by teaching customers about our
education programs and offerings
- Recruit, hire, train and support instructor team, always
putting customer needs first
- Maintains schedule for all activities within the Creator's
Studio and ensures studio schedules are created with the customer
- Proactively drives Creator's Studio events and activities
through our customers, businesses and organizations throughout the
community using provided marketing and direct contact
- Reacts timely to classes that are selling and not selling by
reviewing the P&L statement with SM and identifying
opportunities to increase sales and overall profitability
- Monitors feedback on quality of class delivery and content and
ensures feedback is shared with leadership team and SSC
- Ensures instructors are hired and trained to provide the best
in class experience through our Community Events, Hands On Events,
parties, and core class program
- Guides Team Members on Creator's Studio offerings to encourage
support for class and event participation/enrollments
- Generates enthusiasm among team members about classes and
offerings so they can effectively share with customers"
- Stand during an entire shift (other than normal break
- Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout
- Read written instructions, reports, and other information on
paper and computer screens.
- Orally communicate with customers and other team members on
consistent basis throughout their shift.
- Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units.
- Use 2-way radios (hear incoming messages and provide verbal
- Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment (carts, bins,
etc.) to and from backroom and sales floor.
- Lift, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks.
- Bend down and reach above head.
- Climb and descend ladder.
- Individually lift up to 49 pounds, and group lift up to 97
pounds (under 2 lbs on a constant basis, 10 lbs on a frequent
basis, 10-49 lbs on an occasional basis, and 50-97 lbs group lifts
on an infrequent basis).
Part-time status requires availability that meets the needs of
the store. Part-time Team Members are generally scheduled to work
less than an average of 28 hours per week in a measurement period,
as defined by JOANN and are not guaranteed any particular number of
hours per week. Open availability is defined as the ability to work
any and all hours required without restrictions as to the time of
day or day of week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings,
weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays. Hours are scheduled
according to needs of the store and the team member's availability.
Relocation may be required for career progression.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Education Minimum: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
Experience Minimum: 1+ years experience in a customer centric
This position will be located at:
2300 Dixwell Ave Hamden, CT 06514-2108
JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job
summary is intended to be brief and does not list all duties for
this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed
as an express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is an
at-will employer, which means that your employment may be
terminated by JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause
unless the at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement
signed by both you and and authorized representative of JOANN.
Keywords: Jo-Ann Fabrics, Hamden , Part Time Creator's Studio Coordinator, Other , Hamden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!