ShopRite - Driver
Company: ShopRite Markets
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while providing our
Customers with timely, accurate, friendly and efficient transport
services with the delivery of perishable and nonperishable products
to their destination, utilizing a Company-owned vehicle; to bring
groceries into the facility, present the bill, and collect payment.
Additional responsibilities may include inter-Company deliveries
between our stores and/or our corporate office, as deemed
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include,
but are not limited to, the following:
- Possess valid State Driver's license and have driving record
free of infractions.
- Ability to drive continuously throughout scheduled shift
- Ability to operate a GPS and organize deliveries
- Ability to deal with confidential information and maintain
- Ability to meet deadlines on a timely basis.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled
- Ability to make change with all denominations of American
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products,
spices and powdered substances without negative allergic
- Ability to tolerate dust and chemical agents during routine
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require
the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above.
These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous
service and assistance.
- Maintain good communications with Associates and Management
throughout the organization.
- Perform other projects/assignments as designated by the Store
Management as directed.
- Maintain valid documentation for use of vehicle (i.e. license,
- Utilize vehicle for authorized Company business only.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized vehicle, adhering to and
following automotive service recommendations on a regular
- Ensure complete order is loaded for delivery and safely secured
- Obey all traffic regulations and report any traffic
- Make timely and efficient deliveries.
- Ensure all payments are made in full, may use hand held
electronic payment device.
- Exhibit the utmost professionalism and confidentiality when
dealing with patients and their health information.
- Must complete the HIPAA Privacy and Security training
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in
accordance with Department Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program
and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and
proper use of all chemical products.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department;
report any equipment problems immediately.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights
25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which
may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates
to Front-End operations.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations as they pertain to the Front-End operation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the
essential job functions and general nature of the work being
performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may
be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise
this job description at any time and to require Associates to
perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business,
competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This
job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Hamden , ShopRite - Driver, Other , Hamden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!