CT Scan Technologist - Radiology (Eligible for Sign-On Bonus!)
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Schedule: Part Time
Shift: Shift 3
Details: this is a 3rd shift position- 4 - 8 hour
where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000
Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in
common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters
here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most
comprehensive healthcare network.
Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It
includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient
psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider
group, and special needs services for adults and children. St.
Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be
integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the
system’s second-largest hospital.
Performs computerized tomographic procedures for the diagnosis of
disease and injury according to protocols established by
• Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and
technical parameters accurately.
• Prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within
the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal
• Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity.
Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as
• Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
• Able to perform all specialized imaging procedures such as
biopsies, drainage, assist Radiologist in procedures.
• Perform all aspects of imaging and 3D reconstruction.
• Able to perform on all age groups from infant to adult
• Can utilize aseptic and sterile techniques when preparing sterile
• Practice infection control protocols and practice standard
• Participate in various teaching and mentoring of radiology/ct
• Must be able venipuncture certified, iv competencies.
• Must be CT ACR certified, and in process of advance IR
• Assure appropriateness of procedure by reviewing the radiology
order place prior to performing exam. Should be able to explain
procedures to patients for their safety and comfort during
• Practice ALARA and radiation safety
• Other Duties as assigned
Certification / Registration:
- Licensed Radiology Technician credentialed from the Connecticut
Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job
- Certified Radiology Technician credentialed from the American
Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) is
preferred. ARRT-R or ARRT-CT acceptable. Opportunity to train
Education: A.S. Radiology required.
Experience: At least 2 years working with GE and CAT
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth.
Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping
to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community
education to countless men, women and children. We know that
a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide
a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life
balance. Every moment matters. And this is your
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Hamden , CT Scan Technologist - Radiology (Eligible for Sign-On Bonus!), Other , Hamden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!