DSP Adult Services-Woodin Overnight
Company: The Kennedy Center, Inc.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
If you are looking to make an impact through a meaningful and
rewarding career, we are currently seeking talented, creative, and
committed people who share our values of Challenging the Status
Quo, Building Community, Creating Purpose, and Ensuring Inclusion
by fostering individuals' development, well-being, and growth. In
1951, The Kennedy Center was founded to create a safe space where
individuals with disabilities would have the same opportunities as
every other person. We believe every life is sacred and every
individual brings value to their relationships, their work, and
their communities. Since then, a consistent thread of giving back
has been woven into the fabric of The Kennedy Center and all we do.
Having grown from a program serving 15 children to a multifaceted
organization that positively impacts over 2000 individuals with
disabilities annually, our commitment to creating pathways for
people to thrive by unleashing potential and empowering abilities
is as strong today as it was yesterday. Job purpose: Provide direct
support to and advocate for individuals residing in The Kennedy
Center's residential homes. Promote choice, provide appropriate
support, and coordinate activities to foster individual well-being,
growth, and development. Competencies: (6) * Ethics/Integrity:
* Person-Centered Supports: 15%
* Promoting Physical and Emotional Well-being: 15%
* Justice, Fairness and Equity: 15%
* Self-Determination: 15%
* Advocacy: 15% Duties and Responsibilities: * Promote choice,
provide appropriate support, and coordinate activities to foster
individual well-being, growth, and development.
* Ensure that all services, programs, and guidelines outlined in an
individuals' ISP are implemented as assigned.
* Ensure that all Kennedy Center and DDS regulations and policies
are adhered to.
* Responsible for the supervision and coordination of daily living
skills including but not limited to personal care, recreation, meal
prep, and household chores.
* Ensure all trainings are current.
* Provide professional and timely communication with co-workers,
supervisor, families and guardians and other team members.
* Record and maintain individuals' records in Therap as assigned
(data entry, case notes, updated contacts, and information).
* Administer medications in accordance with DDS regulations. Ensure
all medications are available and orders followed.
* Advocate for the individuals whenever necessary as well teach
individuals to advocate for themselves.
* Ensure the protection of all individuals' rights and safety by
following HIPAA regulations, ensuring privacy, and reporting any
type of abuse or neglect.
* Intervene in emergencies and behavioral situations as needed.
* Maintain a comfortable home or program space, ensuring a clean
and safe environment.
* Ensure all doctors' orders and guidelines are followed to assure
the individuals' health and wellbeing.
* Provide transportation to individuals as assigned.
* Accompany individuals on community outings, appointments and
family visits as assigned.
* Must hold a DDS medication certification and have the knowledge
to work as a medical liaison.
* Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications: * High school diploma or equivalent
* Valid driver's license
* Knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office and the internet
Physical Requirements: * Ability to lift up to 50lbs
* Have the physical endurance to use PMT holds.
* Have the physical endurance to be able to lift and transfer
individuals as assigned. Our employee benefits package includes
Medical & Dental, Life / AD&D, Disability, Paid time off and
Retirement. The Kennedy Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity
for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status,
genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other
status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals
with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
Thurs-Sat 10p-8a 30
Keywords: The Kennedy Center, Inc., Hamden , DSP Adult Services-Woodin Overnight, Other , Hamden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!