Activity & Recreation Assistant
Company: Benchmark Senior Living
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Benchmark Senior Living at Hamden is seeking a compassionate,
creative and enthusiastic Activity Assistant to join our Resident
Programming Department. This is a part-time position working
Sunday-Tuesday. The Activity Assistant organizes and implements
programs designed to meet the individual needs of our residents.
The program is intended to fulfill basic psychological,
intellectual, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual needs
while promoting self-esteem in a caring, nurturing environment. The
Activity Assistant supports and assists the Programming Director in
all necessary programming.
- Assists in the development and implementation of an innovative
daily program for residents
- Leads and implements one-on-ones, small group and large group
activities according to the programming schedule
- Supports, encourages and directs independent activity pursuits,
both individually and in small groups
- Supports the resident's abilities by understanding that all
aspects of care can be viewed as an activity
- Demonstrates knowledge about residents in regard to background,
participation needs, physical abilities, interests, cognitive
capacity and attention span capability
- Communicates any changes in the residents condition or behavior
pattern to Activity Director
- Must have a high school diploma, bachelor's degree or
equivalent experience and knowledge of aging and disability issues.
Must be qualified by experience and training to develop programs
appropriate for elders and disabled individuals.
- Possesses training and knowledge in recreational
- Possesses training and knowledge of Alzheimer's and related
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding residents,
staff, and the community
- Shows an ability to relate to and perform job functions for the
elderly in a positive and efficient manner
- Shows a consistent ability to coordinate multiple tasks,
demonstrates a positive attitude, and works well under pressure We
believe in offering our employees competitive pay. To learn more
about our pay and benefits, please apply today! Relevant Experience
May Include: Therapeutic Recreation, Music Therapy, Art Therapy,
Recreation & Activity Assistant, Education and Event Planning.
Keywords: Benchmark Senior Living, Hamden , Activity & Recreation Assistant, Other , Hamden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!