Company: J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc.
Posted on: June 20, 2022
United States of America
Under general supervision, executes load assignments to meet
customer requirements for on-time, safe, damage-free delivery of
freight in a cost effective manner. Optimizes assets and drivers to
meet customer requirements, service levels, revenue and
profitability goals, and driver needs. Manages external carriers to
minimize costs and maximize customer service levels. Incumbent must
be able to work any shift to satisfy the demand for flexibility of
scheduling to ensure operational success. This includes, but is not
limited to, day shifts, night shifts and weekend shifts.
- Assign and pre-plan freight according to DOT guidelines for
drivers and external carriers according to appointment times and
driver availability to meet customer requirements and increase
operational efficiency to reduce overall operating cost.
- Balance freight and equipment availability in assigned markets
according to capacity, customer requirements and driver needs and
manage internal capacity to match freight volume.
- Coordinate equipment pools availability at customer sites, market
locations and/or rail ramps to balance available assets and meet
operations and customer needs.
- Resolve service issues promptly to meet and exceed customer
requirements and maximize service levels for customer
- Meets and exceeds productivity goals for operations to minimize
empty miles and maximize stops to reduce costs.
- Match load assignment requirements to driver's available hours to
maintain hours of service and Company regulations.
- Coordinate with Customer Experience Reps and/or appointment team
on resetting freight based on rail updates, missed appointments,
etc., to protect service.
- Cultivate relationships with external carriers regarding freight
availability, service issues and increase market capacity while
maintaining communication with internal teams to increase volume
- Monitor pick up and delivery times against driver performance to
maintain optimum service levels and customer satisfaction.
- Verify inbound capacity details such as driver hours, due homes
and trailer assignments to effectively manage utilization and the
safety of our driving teams .
- High School Diploma/GED with 2-3 years of experience in the
Transportation/Logistics industry; ability to work across multiple
shifts including nights and/or weekends if needed.
- Bachelors Degree with 1 year of relevant professional experience
or 4-5 years of experience in the Transportation/Logistics
- Experience in fostering strong customer relationships via
delivery on commitments, open communication, and on-going
- Knowledge of the J.B. Hunt's vision, structure, culture,
philosophy, operating principles, values, and code of ethics
- Knowledge of effective planning techniques and ability to
contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and
strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business
- Ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing
business or work processes
- Ability to promote effective analysis and the ability to
determine the root cause of organizational problems and create
alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best
interest of the business
- Accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions
based on informed judgment
- Understanding of the importance of meeting or exceeding
established targets and ability to drive critical activities to
- Proven experience in establishing and maintain healthy working
relationships with clients, vendors, and peers.
Bachelors: Business Administration/Management, Bachelors: Business
Communications, GED (Required), High School (Required)
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION HAS BEEN DESIGNED TO INDICATE THE GENERAL
NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK PERFORMED BY EMPLOYEES WITHIN THIS
CLASSIFICATION. IT IS NOT DESIGNED TO CONTAIN OR BE INTERPRETED AS
A COMPREHENSIVE INVENTORY OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF EMPLOYEES ASSIGNED TO THIS JOB.
TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY, AN INDIVIDUAL MUST BE ABLE TO
PERFORM EACH ESSENTIAL DUTY SATISFACTORILY. THE REQUIREMENTS ARE
REPRESENTATIVE OF THE KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND/OR ABILITY REQUIRED.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH
DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
Keywords: J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc., Hamden , Logistics Planner, Professions , Hamden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!