Automotive or Diesel Technician at Yale University
Company: First Transit
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Auto & Diesel Fleet Technician - Hiring Immediately! Servicing Yale
University Campus Shuttle Now Offering a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus!*
First things First: Who are we? First Transit Inc. is a leading
provider of public transportation contracting and management
services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision,
efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and
private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations,
carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the
United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. About the
Position Benefits We offer competitive compensation and benefits
(which vary based on role, location, and business), including
physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision,
401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
- $25.62 per hour based on experience & qualifications (NOT
- An additional $.25/hour for each ASE certification you possess
- $1,000 sign-on bonus*
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment! At this First Transit location, we
service, repair, and operate some really exciting gasoline and
diesel-powered vehicles and equipment, serving the Yale University
campus shuttle. As a fleet technician, your major job duties will
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual maintenance inspections.
- Assist in accurately diagnosing and performing mechanical
repairs including the repair of brakes, suspensions, drivetrains,
transmissions, and other repairs under direct supervision.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek supervisor
approval where required.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- A vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid driver's license required.
- 1-2 years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or a combination of education & experience.
- Must have appropriate mechanic's toolset.
- ASE certifications are preferred. Must participate in company
ASE certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
provided!) Apply today and get your career on the road with First
Transit! *conditions apply; bonus expires 8/31/2022 We aspire to
have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and
retain a diverse workforce; therefore all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Transit, Hamden , Automotive or Diesel Technician at Yale University, Professions , Hamden, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!